What better way to commemorate CULTURE’s 100th issue than with an assortment of sweet cannabis-infused recipes to eat? There is no better thing to pair with the feelings of achievement than a soft and delicious cupcake, with frosting so creamy you’ll think it was spun from silk. Not into soft and spongy cake? Go ahead and treat your taste buds to a crisp and salty pretzel, lavishly dipped in cannabis-infused chocolate—giving you the perfect mix of sweet and salty. For those who want to land somewhere in the middle, there is always the tried and true gold standard for pastries—sugar cookies. Join us in marking this joyous occasion by baking some delicious treats that will bring the celebration to your dessert table. Whatever your sweet tooth calls out for, there’s always room for it here. Plus, at a party everything is calorie-free . . . right?
Makes 16 cupcakes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons cannabutter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder to flour mixture for chocolate cupcakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the cannabutter and sugar in a large bowl until it is a whipped at a fluffy consistency, then stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add in dry ingredient mixture and milk while beating the mixture at a slow to moderate speed.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 16 minutes.
- Once done, let the cupcakes cool off for at least 30 minutes.
- If desired, decorate the cupcakes with piping tools and star tips, add decorative pearls, fondant medallions or edible gold leaf flakes.
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
5 tablespoons skim milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder for chocolate frosting (optional)
- Carefully beat in butter, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture is a fluffy consistency.
- Pour milk and continue to beat for about three more minutes.
- For chocolate frosting, add 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder to the mixture.
Chewy Sugar Cookies
Makes two dozen cookies
1/4 cup cannabutter
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with spray or butter.
- Soften cannabutter and butter or let warm to room temperature.
- Whip cannabutter and butter and sugar until fluffy and light.
- Stir in egg and vanilla and combine while slowly adding in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whip for about one minute until the mixture has combined.
- Divide dough in half Wrap it in waxed paper. Refrigerate for two hours.
- Sprinkle flour on cutting board and roller, and roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake only for about 10-12 minutes for a chewy cookie consistency.
- Allow 30 minutes for the cookies to cool. Add icing and additional décor as desired.
Sugar Cookie Icing
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl.
- Stir in corn syrup and vanilla extract and add butter.
- Add food coloring if desired.
Chocolate-Covered Pretzel Sticks
Makes 24 sticks
1 (12-ounce) package of pretzel sticks
12 ounces milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
2 tablespoons cannabutter*
- Lay out several sheets of wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips at a medium/low temperature in a double boiler, stirring often. Stir in cannabutter until melted.
- Once the chocolate mixture has melted, carefully dip each rod into the mixture about 2/3 of the way down.
- Place the dipped pretzels onto wax paper, leaving an inch of space between each rod. As the rods are drying, melt the white chocolate chips in a double boiler, stirring often. Dip a fork into the white chocolate mixture and drizzle the melted chocolate over the rods, using a smooth, long hand motion.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped nuts, sprinkles or candies on dipped rods or roll them in sprinkles on a plate for a different effect. Use a decorative vase or mug to display.
Treats designed by Mommy Bones Custom Creations