Every month has a theme, and many days get a special “food holiday” that is celebrated once a year. Tacos, however, are celebrated once a week. That’s 52 chances a year to celebrate the famed and delicious “Taco Tuesday,” and that gives you 52 reasons to infuse your taco celebratory meal with cannabis. CULTURE has provided you with everything you could possibly want in a Taco Tuesday—guacamole, salsa, taco meat and of course, a traditional frozen margarita.
3 ripe avocados, seeded and peeled
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cannabis-infused oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoon red onion, chopped
1-2 serrano chiles, seeded
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Cut out avocado and place in a bowl. Mash with a fork until combined but still chunky.
- Add all other prepared ingredients into the mixture and mix until well combined. Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for future use.
2-3 fresh tomatoes
1/4 onion, chopped
1/4 cilantro, finely chopped
1 teaspoon cannabis-infused olive oil
1 lime, juice only
1 clove of garlic
1 jalapeno, removing stem and seeds
- Blend the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno and lime juice.
- Add a small amount of olive oil to a frying pan over high heat. Leave until the tomato mixture begins to boil.
- Pour salsa in a bowl, stir in cilantro and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef or turkey
1/4 cup cannabis-infused butter
2 onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 cup water
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook meat, onions, garlic and butter over medium heat until meat has no pink left. Drain out liquid and place back into pan.
- Add water, jalapeno and various spices and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Serve immediately, adding to taco shells on hand and topping with favorite items (cheese, tomato chunks, or even some infused salsa or guacamole as detailed above)!
FROZEN LIME MARGARITA
4 ounces tequila of choice
2 ounces triple sec
2 ounces lime juice
3 cups of ice
1 ounce cannabis-infused simple syrup
Coarse salt and lime juice for rim of glass
Slices of lime for garnish
- Begin by rimming the margarita glasses, Drizzle lime juice on the edge, followed by turning the glass upside down and dipping in a bowl of salt. Set aside.
- Add alcohol, simple syrup and ice to a blender, blending until it becomes a fine slush consistency. (You can also combine the alcohol and syrup into a plastic bag and freeze for 8 hours, to eliminate the need for ice).
- Pour into prepped glasses and enjoy!